Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:37:44 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Subject:   Re: sPPP and PPP keepalives

From the keyboard of Andreas Klemm:

> BTW: It's a pitty shame, that these fixes didn't made it into
> the CVS tree or at least onto the webservers mentioned in the
> file /usr/share/examples/isdn/Resources ... I think that costed
> me at least 5 hours...

I have a severe problem with my spare time left and i have really
no idea where to get more from it.

In case you want to express an offer with your mail to take over
the monitoring of the ISDN mailing list, test the published
patches and hits, set up a website where people can get tested
maintenance patches, tested setups for PPP users or even complete
maintenance releases with patches already applied, general help,
a search engine and, and, and, to save other peoples time, you are
more than welcome to start doing this today! 1/2 ;-)

For the CVS tree: there was a feature freeze for 4.0 starting
at December 15, 1999. In general, for the last few patches
Gary published on this list, the echo from the users was far
away from justifying comitting anything to the tree, if there
was an echo at all ...

There will be some organizational changes taking place in the near
future to get more timely updates of development and fixing
work done on the FreeBSD tree but this will only affect -current,
nothing else. And it will not happen before the next i4b release,
whenever this will be.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77