Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 09:41:38 +0600
From:      "Dmitry G . Golub" <dgolub@gdg.perm.cbr.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exim stops working in 4.3-STABLE because of Perl problems?

Dear colleguas,

2001.05.13 00:03 Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> It may take me a while to set up a similar environment to try this out.
> Although I'm the mod_perl FreeBSD port maintainer, I haven't noticed any
> problems in the development branch of FreeBSD.  If anyone else comes up
> with something before I do, don't keep quiet. ;-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Yesterday I upgraded my 4.3-Stable /usr/src tree (with CTM),
make buildworld...buildkernel...installkernel...installworld.

I have a line "PERL_THREADED= true" in my /etc/make.conf.

cd to /usr/ports/mail/exim/; make install. All seems good.
When starting Exim:

exim%  exim -bV

segmentation fault

There was a message from Juha Saarinen in exim-users
mailing list with priblem description and workaround. As
was recommended by Juha I commented out the string
:
WITH_PERL=     yes

in port's Makefile and rebuild Exim. It works now. I don't
need an embedded Perl but it would be good to not have
such a problems in future.

With my best wishes, Dmitry
/"\                         ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /     - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail              - NO Word docs in e-mail
/ \  [ Dmitry George Golub                      dgolub@gdg.perm.cbr.ru ]
     [ electronic mail system administrator            +7(3422)917-324 ]