Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 01:11:23 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@uunet.co.za>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD ftpd and PAM_Radius

Hi.

I'm trying to setup secure ftp access to a particular host,
where the users exist in a Radius database, and on the local
machine, but I want their Radius username/password to be
used to authenticate them, and I want them to effectively be
chrooted to a particular directory on the machine. I don't
want their system password to allow them ftp access,
and when they do ftp in I want them chrooted to one specific
directory.

I can't have them chrooted to their home directory, because that's
not the directory they should be chrooted to.

i.e anyone who ftp's into the box must have their ftp session
chrooted to one directory, and their system username/password
must not let them on, only their Radius password should let them
on.

I'm trying to do this with the pam_radius module, but I'm not sure
how to specify to which directory they should be chrooted to with
ftpd. I don't want to use proftpd or wu-ftpd due to the high
incidence of problems found in the two programs over the last 18 months.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Khetan Gajjar.
---
khetan@uunet.co.za	* Direct     -> +27 21 658 8723
UUNET South Africa	* Mobile     -> +27 82 416 0105
http://www.uunet.co.za	* Info Centre-> 08600 UUNET (88638)
System Administration   * PGP Key    -> kg+details@uunet.co.za