Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:10:13 -0700
From:      Dennis Williamson <dennisw@iprg.nokia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dennisw@iprg.nokia.com
Subject:   Segmentation Fault from Linux Binary on FreeBSD 2.2.6

I've run into a problem running a linux binary under FreeBSD:

I've installed & run linux compatibility emulation on a FreeBSD
2.2.6 machine in accordance with the instructions located here:

http://www.ie.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook310.html

I've tested some simple binaries (like ldd) to make sure everything
seems to work.  However, I am having problems running a tcl shell
from a 3rd party linux vendor.  The shell runs ok under RedHat 5.4
linux but crashes w/a segmentation fault on my FreeBSD 2.2.6
machine running the linux compatibility mods.

Does anyone know where I might get ahold of another linux-based
tcl to test????

Does the segmentation fault probably point to a linker-loader
problem???

The tcl shell tested has its own dynamically linked libs that
have been copied directly from a linux machine.  Would I be
better off attempting a static link of tcl instead????

Thanks in advance...

--
Dennis Williamson
Nokia Telecommunications - IP Routing