Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:18:59 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: building stable with mcpu=ev56 option

At 18:48 10/12/2001, Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it sent this up the stick:

>Hello,
>is it a good or bad thing to build stable with specific CPU options ??
>I noticed I have some strange trouble with system programs built adding
>mcpu=ev56 in make.conf

I use that exact option, and notice nothing out of the ordinary.  The only
copmiler setting that make lots of noise is using the -O2 or higher setting

Cheers,
Rob

--
Delicious and nutritious, tastes like chicken!

[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 324 of a collection of 1191