Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:00:32 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Scott <freebsd-lists-5@thismonkey.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPI-B cmake "Cannot find a C++ compiler that supports both C++11 and the specified C++ flags"

On Sun, 2019-09-15 at 22:17 +1000, Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as per the thread title, I cannot compile cmake on FreeBSD 12.1-
> PRERELEASE
> r351916 RPI-B arm.
>
> I'm trying to compile graphics/sane-backends which of course requires
> cmake.
>
> Is anyone aware of a workaround?

I built cmake (and all the things it depends on) from scratch using
12.1-PRELEASE @ r352356 on a Wandboard (armv7); no problems.

You mentioned using an Rpi-B... maybe the problem is specific to armv6.
I have an old rpi-b somewhere, but given how long it took a wandboard
to build cmake yesterday (many hours), I can only imagine it would take
days to get to the failure point on an rpi-b.  (I.e., I'm not even
going to try.)

-- Ian