Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:23:26 +0100
From:      "Jesus A. Mora Marin" <amora@zoom.es>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Spanish documentation - needed anyhow?

> >I particularly like "Virginia" and "**time-out**".

Yep, tres cool.

> >BTW, the letters "Y" in WYSIWYG are also vowels.

In Spanish it's a semivowel, and only it's found with a vowel sound
at the end of words (hoy, estoy, ...). Otherwise it uses to be found
preceding a vowel and is pronounced somehow like the `j' in En. jam.
Sorry for this off-topic :)

> At least now I know for sure to stay away from translating software.
> I think it actually would be more work to try to cleanup after such
> program.

Sure. We're not so stupid to try them. They are pretty useless.

> ps for those that don't understand Spanish, don't worry you can't
> understand the translation. I can read Spanish and I don't undertand
> it either. :-)

I've heard many politicians talking in a similar way (weird syntax,
no sense), so some of them can possibly understand it.

------
Jesus A. Mora Marin, MD (aka EA7HAC, ex-EC7DVE)
Email: amora@zoom.es

"As a matter of fact, we at M$ are working hard to pave the
 road of progress for the upper New Man back to the trees."
   From "Brains? Who needs them?", (Mind$uckers Press)