Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 06:27:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers, ponds!iafrica.com!khetan, ponds!lakes.water.net!rivers
Subject:   ucbvax.Berkely.EDU (was Re: Uninvited usage for sendmail)

> >Get sendmail 8.8.5 (seems stable now, been out for a couple of months)
> >and install the check_* rules.  check_relay is the one you want.
>
> Just to make like easier, I'm including my freebsd.mc file, which you can
> use to build your "own" sendmail.cf (in /etc).

> divert(0)dnl
> VERSIONID(`@(#)freebsd.mc	$Revision: 1.3 $')
> OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
> DOMAIN(generic)dnl
> MAILER(local)dnl
> MAILER(smtp)dnl
> FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mailertable')dnl
> define(`UUCP_RELAY', ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
> define(`BITNET_RELAY', mailhost.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
> define(`CSNET_RELAY', mailhost.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
> define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/whoarewe')dnl

 You likely want to fix that UUCP_RELAY definition; ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
no longer exists...  (uunet.uu.net is probably still a good alternative.)
Believe me, appearances of ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU in uucp !-paths is quite
an annoyance.

 In fact, you can dispense with the XXX_RELAYs  all-together if you
go to a SMART_HOST-based definition...

	- Dave Rivers -