Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:08:19 -0500
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing kernel, files on sparc64 6.1-BETA4 cdrom install

I tried installing 6.1-BETA4 to my Ultra 60 yesterday using a
recently downloaded ISO.  I ran through it twice and both times
I end up with no kernel and hardly any files inside the target
root partition.  I told it to install base + man using express
install and custom dist selection.  Both times it acted like it
was installing base, made no indications of anything being wrong.
I was installing from an external cdrom drive for which I had
created a slightly custom devalias (or typed out the whole path
for boot /pci/....) since the cdrom drive was external (on controller
3,1 instead of 3 in the normal path in the PROM.

Is this in anyway a known issue or should I spend more time with
different install options or ISOs to help debug?