Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:41:15 -0500
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 05:44:28PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:

  On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

  > On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 02:30:36PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
  >
  > > I ran out of time before, I couldn't get the Ultra-60 installed.  I'll be
  > > making my second attempt sometime in the next few days, I've been hoping
  > > that someone will have done something sane, which will actually allow one
  > > to INSTALL the software.
  >
  > You can install using the serial console..that hasn't changed.

  I'm sorry, I shouldn't kvetch, the rest is top quality, but the folks
  involved in the Solaris port are, I think, too well acquainted with
  soldering guns and serial terminals.

  If you want to take it that way, that's a compliment, I guess, at least
  everyone will understand the meaning, I think.

Please see
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20030118130344.GA7513

and it would help all the sparc64/FreeBSD users if this was
well documented or at least referenced upon request.  I have
used the method described above.