Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:32:20 +0400
From:      Oleg Bulyzhin <oleg@freebsd.org>
To:        "Stephen P. Cravey" <clists@gotbrains.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPMI and bge (again)

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:51:48PM -0600, Stephen P. Cravey wrote:
> I don't see the patch either. Does it require pxe booting like Dougs? I a=
ctually have pulled a system out of service specifically to use for testing=
 BGE patches, so it's fairly easy for me to test new versions. I eagerly aw=
ait a copy of your patch.
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20
> -Stephen

PXE boot is not required (Doug's version he gave me didnt require it either=
).
Actually, it's almost identical to original version - only thing has change=
d:
asf enable code was move past bge_reset call.

>=20
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:25:25 +0400
> Oleg Bulyzhin <oleg@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> > On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:24:06AM -0600, Stephen P. Cravey wrote:
> > > Does anyone have chip documentation on the broadcom BGE chips? I'm ha=
ving an ongoing issue with IPMI that I'd really like to get resolved. The i=
ssue seems to be that during the driver start sequence, a flag is getting s=
et in the chip that's disabling the IPMI passthrough that I need in order f=
or data destined for a second mac address on the interface to recieve packe=
ts. Or, a flag that this process needs isn't getting set. Not sure which, b=
ut I could really use some help here.=20
> > >=20
> > > Or should I ask the frequent committers to the driver directly?
> > >=20
> > > Thank you.
> > >=20
> > > PR:
> > > kern/79143
> > > kern/88741
> >=20
> > Could you please test attached patch (RELENG_6 version)? It's slightly =
modified version of Doug Ambrisko
21 @ hp proliant dl145g2 server).
> >=20
> > --=20