Date:      Sat, 29 Feb 2020 05:27:42 -0800
From:      Sean Yeh <sean.yeh117@gmail.com>
To:        bsd-lists@bsdforge.com, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ALTQ feature of PF in FreeBSD

Hi Chris (and FreeBSD-pf members),

Thanks for the advice!

Truth be told, I am quite lost right now. But before I give up, could you
please point me in the right direction?

1) Figuring out if ALTQ is separable from pf is a little abstract to me.
Is there a definitive experiment to perform to answer this question?
Currently, I'm just looking and taking note of the differences between
NetBSD's and FreeBSD's pf/altq code. What other steps should I be
taking?

2) What are some indications that a port will fail/work?
When I find a difference between NetBSD's and FreeBSD's code,
I've already discovered several, what questions should I ask myself
to determine whether or not the difference will be an issue or not.

I'm sorry if these questions seem trivial or basic. I am truly
appreciative of all your time and help.

Best,

Sean