Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 2020 13:35:30 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Yoshihiro Ota <ota@j.email.ne.jp>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Integration Test, Unit Test, and head/tests in FreeBSD

> On Sep 11, 2020, at 1:28 PM, Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 08:13:52PM -0400, Yoshihiro Ota wrote:
>> Where should I put it and how do I set up so that review/phab can =
verify as well?
>=20
> For the purpose of review, you can submit a patch through phabricator
> just as you would for code changes.  As I noted there is currently no
> mechanism to automatically run tests on your behalf; you'll have to =
run
> the tests yourself until they are committed, at which point they will =
be
> run regularly as part of the CI system.

While not part of FreeBSD, per se, nor part of phabricator, people have =
had good luck using cirrus-ci on GitHub to push a branch to do some =
testing. It would take some work to take the current .cirrus-ci.yml file =
and adapt it to your needs. It current builds FreeBSD on a 12.1 instance =
and then boots the amd64 image using qemu to run a basic test. You can =
setup Cirrus-CI to run on selected branches you push to GitHub.

And if you do make improvements in the area you=E2=80=99d like to share, =
please cc me on them.

Thanks

Warner