Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:57:49 -0400
From:      Sasha Kacanski <kacanski@umich.edu>
To:        "hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ISDN

Hi,
I have a bit off question that you might be able to help me with. I want
to hook up two Pentium computers to ISDN. Solution is an ISDN router
which is around $600.
Two reach for my blood. Now, if  I get a TA with two serial ports I
would be able to split 128k line and use both computers.
It is cheaper and we will never have more than two computers in the
house. Problem:
Serial cable needs to be long to get to second machine. My question
would be. Could I by a serial jack and hookup a RJ11 cable to it
(connect the wires to the serial pins) and extend that way cable to
second computer. Simple, how to avoid to by serial cable which is very
expensive and how to connect second machine that is 50 feet away.
Also maybe getting a old 10baseT hub and connecting it to a single TA
would solve the problem.
If anyone has any other idea please let me know.
very grateful
/s