Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:32:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this?

> The only questions arising from this are:
>
> 	- should the ISAC irqs be enabled later when the whole machine is
> 	  up, and how can the state "the machine is up and ready to serve
> 	  irq's" be detected by a driver for all *BSD's ?
>
> 	- although Q.921 doesn't require this, shall a TEI request procedure
> 	  be initiated on arrival of a TEI check request with a group TEI
> 	  and no local TEI assigned yet ?
>
> Comments ?

Here we go:
At boottime neither ISAC nor HSCX IRQ's should be enabled. This might
even fix the SMP-problem.

Enabling of the IRQ's and initialization of layer1 *and* layer2 should
be triggered by isdnd when it is started.

If layer1 is activated but not layer2, my NT is constantly trying
to deactivate layer1 until we have a TEI.
So I suggest to initialize layer2 right after layer1 is up.

Wolfgang