Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:33:20 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        Dmitry Karasik <dk@plab.ku.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports update - is something broken?

Dmitry Karasik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I recently cvsupped the ports tree on my 4.1-stable, but after that
> make refused to deal with ports - 'Your system is too old to use this
> bsd.port.mk.'. I believed that ports update procedure should be more or
> less aware of current version, and do not fetch files that force to
> buildworld the whole system - but that is just because I never had that kind of
> situation before. Could anyone explain what happened, or at least point
> to the relevant piece of documentation? man cvsup either is not enough or
> is too obscure...

I think you will find cvsup didnt remove some of the old stuff in your
ports tree... A simple solution if you have the time is to rm -rf your
ports and cvsup them again...

Im sure there is a more elegant solution, check the mail archives, this
has been discussed at least twice before...

Good luck!
Kal.