Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:29:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please enable 'options MALLOC_PROFILE'!

This will keep statistics on the effeciency of our current malloc bucket
sizes.  After some time of general usage please do a 'sysctl kern.mprof >
file' and mail the file to me.  Please include the following information:

Primary Usage: workstation/server/web server/etc. etc.
Architecture:  x86/alpha/sparc64/powerpc/ia64
Hostname:      'hostname'
Physical mem:  'sysctl hw.physmem'

This will allow me to select new malloc bucket sizes that will be more
memory effecient for a wide range of loads.  The more folks who contribute
the better our memory footprint will be.

Thanks,
Jeff