Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:45:40 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@nuxi.nl>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@skunkwerks.at>
Subject:   Re: Cleanest way of merging back changes to syslogd(8)?

Hi Dimitry,

> The svn:mergeinfo property on the usr.sbin/syslogd directory will have
> to be moved to the root of the stable/11 tree, I'm not sure off the top
> of my head how that should be done.

I did some searching around and it turns out that "svn mergeinfo
--show-revs eligible" can be used to get a list of commits that "svn
merge" would in fact try to merge back. By then running "svn merge" at
the root of the repository with that list of commits, I was able to
merge this back in such a way that the mergeinfo remains at the top of
the tree.

I've completed the merge in r335059. Thanks for your input Dimitry!

Best regards,
--
Ed Schouten <ed@nuxi.nl>
Nuxi, 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands