Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:21:14 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   newpcm and newmidi?

Hi gang,

I have this SB AWE32 which works great under newpcm, but the midi
(/dev/sequencer) is nonexistant. I used to work fine with the VOXWARE
drivers, but I understand (well, config(1) told me) that they are
deprecated. The LINT-file told me about newmidi, which isn't in the tree
yet, so...:

Where can I get the newmidi drivers? Luigi's website is kinda downish,
and I can't seem to find mirrors of his stuff anywhere (but maybe I
didn't look hard enough) so I can't even see if these are available
there. It would be nice if I could use the awe wavetable midi with newpcm.

How stable is newmidi? Is it good enough to put in the RELENG_4 tree?

Anyone?

Cheers,
Emiel
--
GEMINI (May 21 to Jun. 20)
	Good news and bad news highlighted.  Enjoy the good news while