Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:22:08 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?jurri=EBn?= Koopmans <jjkoopmans@home.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   timeouts on network

when i try to connect my laptop (celly 700 with realtek 8139 100mbit=20
network card (win98se os)) to my server (amd k6-2 400 with realtek 8139=20
100mbit network card (freebsd4.5)) i get a timeout on ftp transfers after=20
about 50 kb/s with an speed of 5kb/s. smb tranfers looks like to reconnect=
=20
many times and go very slowly. i can;t even play any mp3's over my 100mbit=
=20
network. BUT with when i connect with my normal pc (amd thunderbird 900mhz=
=20
with an 10mbit ne2k compatible network card ) to my freebsd machine i have=
=20
good tranfers up to 1mB/s.

my problem is that i can not get a nice data transfer from my server to my=
=20
laptop. But uploading goes in a nice way. And when i use linux as a server=
=20
os i also have no troubles.

jurri=EBn Koopmans