Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:04:32 +0000
From:      Philip Reynolds <philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: High Avaliability Processes

Hi Johan,

from the init(8) manpage:

``Init can also be used to keep arbitrary daemons running,
automatically restarting them if they die.  In this case, the first
field in the ttys(5) file must not reference the path to a
configured device node and will be passed to the daemon as the final
argument on its command line.  This is similar to the facility
offered in the AT&T System V UNIX /etc/inittab.''

/etc/ttys is the file you're after.

Regards,
Phil.

Johan Brodin <d98jobro@dtek.chalmers.se> 23 lines of wisdom included:

--
Philip Reynolds                  | Technical Director
philip.reynolds@rfc-networks.ie  | RFC Networks Ltd.