Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:37:13 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Anselme <anselme@netcourrier.com>, FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Web Browsers.

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 08:12 am, Anselme wrote:

> yes, but the port is written as broken ... I love Mozilla but even
> with /usr/port/www/flashplugin-mozilla I have big problems to read
> flash :(( (I think it depends on the flash version ...).

Flash is pretty much broken all around on FreeBSD. The reason is that
the Macromedia flash plugin is only for Linux. Therefore you can't run
a native FreeBSD browser and get decent flash, you need to run a Linux
port of a browser using the Linux plugin.

This is NOT the fault of FreeBSD, it is the fault of Macromedia, who
continues to promote proprietary software as a web standard. Shame on
them!

David