Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 20:40:52 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sos@sos.freebsd.dk (Søren Schmidt)
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, phk@critter.freebsd.dk, rickl@ic.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: possible sc0 problem

> > See the following commit message. Now the left ALT is META rather than
> > ALT...
> >
> > Maybe we had better make META+Fn act like ALT+Fn?
>
> Hmm, not that easy if its going to be configurable in the keymap
> UNLESS we invent a new row (hell SCO compatibility doesn't mean
> much anymore, now does it :) )

SCO supports console scan code modes.  It does do for "DOSMerge",
among other things.  Wyse-60's (the first serial terminal to
support DOSMerge) also support scan code modes.

Seeems like a console compatability issue, to me.  Note that MS Word
for SCO and WordPerfect for SCO also use this mode on the console to
make it behave as closely as possible to their behaviour under DOS
(they also have terminal description files for the Wyse-60 for scan
code mode for the same reason).

				Terry "I wrote a Wyse-60 emulator" Lambert
				terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.