Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 19:21:18 -0600
From:      "Mark Rollings" <darkstar@telcentral.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   lib.so.3.0  revisited.

I sent a message to this address earlier today regarding this shared lib.

After some further investigation I found a few more things that could be
pointing out the issue.

I installed FreeBSD 2.1.7-RELEASE.  I added the  bash-2.0.tgz package to
the system via pkg_add.  Upon completing this addition... no users using a
bash shell from a remote site were able to log into the system, and were
disconnected with the message:

lib.so failed:  cannot find lib.so.3.0

I am curious as to how this can be remedied... or what I have possibly done
incorrectly to induce this situation.

Mark Rollings
Systems Administrator
TelCentral Internet