Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:23:19 +0000
From:      Vince Hoffman <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Venting my frustration with FreeBSD

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 10:07:50PM -0600, Josh Paetzel wrote:
>

>> I think I'll add one more thing to my original rant.  Why oh why oh
>> why can't we have a journalling filesystem?
>>

> 7.0 has UFS journalling via gjournal.
>
> Kris

I have the patches for 6.x and as yet the disk i'm trying it on is
happy. i'm using to store a periodic backup of a 9 gig file system
(approx 300k files) and havent had any issues yet.
If its something your keen to try then the link to the patches for
6-stable are below (search the geom mailing list for 6.0/6.1 patches)

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=914181+0+archive/2006/freebsd-stable/20061119.freebsd-stable

Vince