Date:      Sun, 29 May 2022 18:00:44 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD on HP Envy

--Sig_/OgVW6OPJ=jpxF_b5YXi0zHE

I have an older HP Envy model computer that I am attempting to install
FreeBSD 13.1 on. The unit is presently running Windows 10 Pro and
cannot be updated to Windows 11.

I have created a boot only CD and tried to boot-up with that disk
installed in the PC.  No luck! The machine boots up as usual. For the
fun of it, I created a Windows 10 installation CD and tried that out.
Upon boot-up the PC immediately recognizes the CD and starts the setup
program. Naturally, I exit out of that immediately.

My question is why does the PC not recognize the FreeBSD CD? I even
made a second disk because I thought the first one might be defective.
Does Microsoft have some special magic that FreeBSD is not privileged
to? =F0=9F=98=92

--=20
Jerry