Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2014 00:07:16 -0600
From:      Scott Bennett <bennett@sdf.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   docbook updates fiasco continues...

     Wednesday's round of docbook updates broke all the docbook ports fixed
yesterday, plus other ports that depend upon docbook stuff.  On my system
the latter appear to include

	sysutils/polkit
	graphics/colord
	graphics/giflib
	sysutils/policykit
	devel/git

Most/all appear to be due to a file that was installed missing perhaps only
a single character.  Here's an example.

xmlto: /backups/s2A/portswork/usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.5.4/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml does not validate (status 3)
file:///usr/local/share/xml/catalog.ports:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
^
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
/backups/s2A/portswork/usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.5.4/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml:2: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
D DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
                                                                               ^
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
validity error : Could not load the external subset "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
Document /backups/s2A/portswork/usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.5.4/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml does not validate
gmake: *** [git-subtree.1] Error 13
*** [post-install] Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/git.

     After the last couple of days, I have to wonder how the updates to the
docbook ports were tested.  Also, I note that the instructions in
/usr/ports/UPDATING said to delete the old packages, rather than to replace
them with "portmaster -o" or some other procedure that would update the
dependencies properly.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *or*   bennett at freeshell.org   *