Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:27:32 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mutt segfaulting on current revisited...

Hey folks...

I just found out why my mutt MUA segfaulted. It came down to old libs
lying around that were still linked with libc4 instead of libc5. Mutt
(from mutt-devel port) compiled beautifully, but it segfaulted on
startup. Could this be one for the FAQ or something? Maybe explaining
library differences between STABLE and CURRENT and you should be extra
careful when an app mixes libc4 and libc5?

I solved my problem by recompiling the dependancy libraries (in my case
libiconv and libslang) so they use libc5 as well. As you can see from
my X-Mailer header, mutt works again :-)

Cheers,
Emiel
--
When the Universe was not so out of whack as it is today, and all the
stars were lined up in their proper places, you could easily count them