Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:30:15 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Oleg Semyonov" <os@ktpk.dp.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dialup PPP Server: HOW TO...

> Hello All!
>
> I want to install my own PPP dialup server with next features:
>   1) I want to use more than one tty for dialup access;
>   2) I want to use dynamic peer IP allocation for MS clients;
>   3) I want to use either login or AutoPPP+PAP/CHAP for auth;
>   4) I want to use _allocated_ peer IP address for controlling
>      access to my LAN and Internet ports and addresses via IPFW.
> Can I do all things with pppd without patching of source?
[.....]

No, but you can with user-ppp:

o Set up your login ports in /etc/ttys
o Put something like
    set ifaddr 1.2.3.4 1.2.3.100-1.2.3.200
  in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to allocate the peer something between .100
  & .200
o Set the pp= capability in /etc/gettydefs
o Set up any login scripts required (for non-auto ppp)
o Add PAP/CHAP stuff to /etc/ppp/ppp.secret, including static IPs or
  varying IP ranges if any.

It's all in the man page.  You may want to get the latest ppp from

  http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;