Date:      Sun, 04 May 1997 11:47:54 -0700
From:      Roger Browne <rbrowne@kendaco.telebyte.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing via ftp

Just a quick note :)

The most confusing thing for me so far is running the ppp term program!

- I got the phone number, user name and password entered ok
- on advice from a third party I disabled lqr
- type dial and get dial ok!  login ok! packet mode on
  (approximately)
- and then it sits - could be i'm just not patient enough but it will
  stay that way over 5 minutes
- tried for the heck of it to alt-F1 back and see if maybe I AM
  hooked up - but i get a DNS lookup failure - so I presume I am not
  connected.

My vote :) more docs on that please :)

I'm planning to just ftp the bin and man dirs for now and try from dos
partition.