Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:58:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, David DeTinne <david@allunix.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

> Jordan- what's the status of the BSDi merge && a sparc port? I sort of though
> that something that works would then "just arrive"?

You mean the BSD/OS merge?  Well, people have taken on the SMPng bits
and that project appears to be progressing nicely.  Nobody has taken
on the SPARC bits, however, and I can only point out that lack of
reference SPARC bits from another BSD implementation has never been
the problem here.  We've had both NetBSD and OpenBSD to serve that
purpose for a long time but nobody who actually wanted to do the work
step forward and do it.  You've been around this biz long enough to
know that bits never "just arrive", they have to be carried in on a
stretcher and sent straight to triage. :)

- Jordan