Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:16:59 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        james.pole@paradise.net.nz
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looks like Ghostview 1.99.97's AA fonts not works?

>On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 22:40, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > course, Gnome2 rules ;-) than qt. If noone know, then looks like I will
>have
> > to use my brother's laptop to use Adobe PDF viewer to read over 25 pages
> > without have the headache.
>
>Adobe Acrobat Reader is available in Linux Binary format which can be
>used under FreeBSD using Linux Binary 'Emulation'. It's an excellent PDF
>viewer, with most of the features of its Windows counterpart, including
>anti-aliased fonts.
>
>It is available in /usr/ports/print/acroread5/.

It still doesn't has AA fonts, so must be issue with font in pdf that author
has chosen? Or fonts in my box? It looks very smooth in Windows with Adobe
Acrobat Reader.

> > BTW: I am happy to make a screenshot if you want to see it.
>
>Yes, it would be interesting to see one. Put it up on an web site
>somewhere, please, unless you can compress the graphics enough so that
>it dosn't take too long to download for those on dialup connections.

Here are two screenshots of Ghostview and Adobe Acrobat Reader.

http://www.mezzweb.com:81/images/pdf-ghostview.png (68k)
http://www.mezzweb.com:81/images/pdf-adobe.png (174k)

It's weird, in the Acrobat's options show fonts as AA, but not in the pdf
files. I played with the options, but I seem to not able get it yet. In the
Ghostview's options has AA sets as "-sDEVICE=x11alpha" by default, so is it
fine? If anyone know the better way to put in there, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mezz