Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:27:44 +0100
From:      Georg <gs@grin.com>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Accessing iLO through SSH-tunnel

I'm trying to access the iLO-interface through ssh tunnels.

The server is reachable via its official IP-address. The iLO card has a local address which is
reachable from all our offical servers with offical IP-adresses.

I forward ports 22,23,80,443,3389 from the iLO-interface with the IP 192.168.1.100 via on official
IP (for example 121.12.12.14) to my local workstation.

When I now open the URL https://localhost/ with my browser I get the login-page of the
iLO-webfrontend. I can configure everything perfectly.
Only when I try to access the "Integrated Remote Console" (the KVM-applet) the applet fails to
connect. I just writes out "Attempting to connect..."

The remote serial console (telnet) is accessible via the other applet an works perfectly.
I ran tcpdump on the server where I connect with the iLO interface with the ssh-tunnel but did not
see any other traffic than https (or telnet in case of using the remote serial console).

Has anybody an idea how this could be fixed? What am I doing wrong?
If I do the same thing (accessing ports 443,5900,5901 on a private network over a ssh-tunnel with a
DELL DRAC card the whole thing works perfectly).
So I need some special IP-Gateway-Routing-DNS configuration in the iLO-card?

Thanks in advance,

Georg