Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:56:37 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xwindows on Ultra60..

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:51:12PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:44:18PM -0500, Aaron Dudek wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to get Xwindows to run on an Ultra60?
> > I have a one with an elite 3d that I would like to migrate to bsd.
>
> Only the Creator3D is supported, so you're out of luck with FreeBSD at
> the moment.  Maybe someone will work on Elite3D support in the future,
> but I wouldn't count on it (sparc64 hackers with free time are thin on
> the ground :-)

Elite3D are "supported" (like Creator/Creator3D, i.e. as far as sc(4)
is supported on sparc64). One might need to install the sysutils/afbinit
port in order to run Xfree/Xorg (this should be only necessary for
hardware acceleration but is required in any case here). With the
x11-servers/xorg-server 6.8.1 port most likely Sun keyboards once again
don't work at the moment (no support in the new "kbd" driver for FreeBSD),
the last 6.7 port is fine though.