Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:04:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mit@mitayai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virus Scanning Software for FreeBSD

I have an eval copy of a product that looks promising: Sohpos antivirus.

	http://www.sophos.com/products/antivirus/savunix.html

You can use the SAVI (API for virus checking) to scan email according to
the description at:

	http://www.sophos.com/products/antivirus/savi/

Their licensing looks fair and the sales person assigned to me has been
politely helpful and not overly insistant. Everything I've looked at so
far looks great, but the customer that wanted it has had delays and now
wants to wait for FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE to install things on their server.

Updates are monthly CDs and urgent updates are available as downloads.

Our intent is to have it go after SMTP, HTTP, and FTP if we can and to
scan the Samba partitions for file infections. It handles uSoft Office
products like Word(tm) docs and such.

Best of all, they support FreeBSD so we should support them, right? - Jy@