Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:38:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: detecting shared lib versions

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> ... for non-ldconfig'd shared libraries, how to?
>
> More specifically, I have a port for the StarOffice suite that I'm
> ready to commit, but in the true tradition of Linux software, it
> requires at least a specific version of libc, somewhat later than
> the version in the current linux_lib port.  (erich is updating it, but
> the problem remains.)
>
> Now, I can write a RUN_DEPENDS rule that depends on a _particular_
> libc version (ie. a specific file), but what I need is a way to handle
> shared-library-like numbering on libraries that aren't managed by
> ldconfig (a regexp like like LIB_DEPENDS would probably do it).
>
> Failing that, it's Tcl time 8)
>
> locate_compatShlib linux libc 5.4.4 -greaterok

Back when I did the first kaffe port, it depended on a specific version of
the jdk being at a specific spot.  I think that's congruent to your
problem, since the linux libs are restricted to a specific name/spot also.
I just had a short script that did an md5 on the jdk and compared the
return with a stored value (I think in ${FILESDIR}/classes.zip.1.02.md5}.
If it failed the check, it printed an error message and quit.  Would this
work for you?

Here's the code I used (I think it's been modified, I don't think things
like ${MD5} existed when I wrote it):

pre-install:
        @( if test "`${MD5} ${PREFIX}/share/java/classes.zip | ${AWK} '{print $$4}'`" != "`cat ${FILESDIR}/classes.zip.1.02.md5`" ; then \
        echo "kaffe REQUIRES the classes.zip file from ports/lang/jdk, version 1.02"; \
        exit 1 ; \
        fi)

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |