Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 19:10:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Edward Wolpert <wolpert@osti.rmt.utk.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Out of Inodes... fix without reformating?

On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Edward Wolpert wrote:

> Folks-
> 	My news partition (of 250MB, with 76MB used) is out of inodes.
> Is there a way I can increase the inodes without reformating?  If so,
> how?  If not, what's the best way to use newfs to fix it?

	If there is a way of fixing this without reformating, I'd love to
know, but...

	I've been using newfs -i 3072 for news partitions lately, but only
are small <1gig drives.  Preference, I think, is to go closer to 2048 for
news

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc