Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 14:19:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Nicholson <steffi@DGS.dgsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Minimalistic configuration?

OK I've decided to make my 4GIG drive a DATA drive rather than an OS
drive. This makes a lot more sense since then I won't get burned by the 4
primary parititons only limit. So, I plan to have my 1GIG like this.

DOS 32 MEG
NeXTSTEP 512
WINDOWS 95 100
WINDOWS NT 200
FreeBSD ?

I think I might change this actually in order to give myself more FreeBSD
space.

Perhaps something like

DOS 32 MEG
NeXTSTEP 512
FreeBSD 350
Windows 95 100

Put NT on another disk since it will boot off another drive as will
FreeBSD so I believe.

I don't necessarily require my swap partition on another drive so perhaps
350 is more acceptable for a basic installation (with X11R6 BTW)?

So I'd like to ask if 350 is enough to include swap and have XFree
installed for use with Accelerated X and like I said I'll just add
everything else via /usr/local on a different drive.

	If I wish to create a 1GIG filesystem on my 4GIG for FreeBSD will
I be required to write a disktab entry?