Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:56:19 -0800
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ucontext

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 08:04:37AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> I had them implemented and working for i386, and even had a hacked up
> libc_r that used them instead of setjmp/longjmp.  This was a few months
> ago under 4.0-current.  At the time, I thought they'd be better off
> implemented as syscalls, but now I'm leaning towards library routines
> similar to setjmp/longjmp (which make a syscall to change the signal
> mask).

UNIX 98 specifies that setcontext should be callable from signal handlers.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/getcontext.html

That pretty much means system calls. Doesn't it ?

I was wrong about this being necessary for the JDK. Linux doesn't implement
it either (it does have man pages and header files though!) and the JDK
runs fine on Linux. I was mislead by the some of these calls, which will
always fail on Linux.

	-Arun