Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:01:45 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        joel.carnat@noos.fr, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PING filtering

Setup ipfw (see handbook)
Then add the line:
/sbin/ipfw add 1 deny log icmp from any to any in icmptypes 0
To any startup script or just type it in yourself.
That should work (I didn't test it). If it doesn't, the ipfw manpage should
help.
ICMP type 1 is an echo reply, FYI.
You shouldn't try to defeat the upload ratio of legit FTP servers.

Charles Burns