Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:09:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        "T.D. Brace" <ted@stargate.org>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Scsi problem? (fwd)

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9911051648140.1976-100000@orion.stargate.org> you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been having problems with a web server crashing on a regular basis.
> It's built with an Abit BX6, adaptec 2940uw, PIII 450, and 512mb ram
> running freebsd 3.1 stable.  This machine is in a remote location, so
> I can't swap out components to find the problem easily.  It seems to
> encounter scsi errors periodically (4-5 times a day) and reboot/crash.
>
> I was hoping by posting the error log, someone could give me thier best
> guess as to the problem.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -Ted
>
> /var/log/messages:
> Nov  5 12:15:52 loucha /kernel: ahc0: WARNING no command for scb 40 (cmdcmplt)
> Nov  5 12:15:52 loucha /kernel: QOUTPOS = 234

These messages are somewhat disturbing.  They either mean that the
drive is continually signaling that the same command has completed
even though the kernel has no record of it being outstanding, or the
output queue (pointers or data) is corrupted.  Can you give me an idea
on what kinds of loads cause the error to occur?

--
Justin