Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:25:47 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Proliant 1600 SMP fix available ?

> Do you have the latest BIOS in the 1600?  I notice that Compaq has
> several changes that dealt with SMP over the past few revisions of the
> BIOS.  The latest for the 1600 is 4.14A dated 11/08/2000.  They've

yes, we had the latest BIOS in the machine. A list member from the
netherlands very kindly emailed me a fix for this problem. You must set
the Opearting System type to 'Novell 4.11 - SMP' in the BIOS and it
appears to arrange everything properly such that the SMP kernel comes
up properly. Worked first time here.

-pete.