Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 15:02:35 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Heads Up for users tracking -STABLE with CTM

I am posting this message since I saw at least one user
confused by this and was bitten by the same thing...

Beware if you are tracking -STABLE with CTM. Starting with
src-4.0538.gz you will have problems doing a 'make world'.
This is because some changes were made to files in
/usr/src/secure that are needed for 'make world' to succeed.
Unfortunately, neither /usr/src/secure nor /usr/src/crypto get
updated by CTM. (No, I don't know why. I have sent a PR and
mailed to ctm@freebsd.org about this already.)

You have two possibilities:

1.) Don't apply src-4.0538.gz (and later ones).
2.) Go on as normal but use cvs to get secure and crypto and
    put them into your -STABLE tree.

Please don't complain to the person who did the change (I did
and found out that it was not his fault :-)).

Hth,

	-Andre