Date:      24 Oct 1996 16:41:14 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>, committers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ex/vi version 1.79 now available for anonymous ftp.

Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> writes:

> We use a lot of Perl at work - and the first thing most of our folk
> do is install perl5.
> </ASBESTOS>

I work (as in paid work) entirely in Perl at the moment and spend a lot
of time in the perl community and the core of that community (as in the
newsgroups etc), don't even think of perl as being anything other than
perl5 these days. I suspect if you mentioned a problem with perl4
they'd just tell you to get perl5 before you come back.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155