Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 03:13:06 +0700
From:      jahan <jahan@pc.jaring.my>
To:        gandalf31337@localnet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dial-up PPP

1. Edit default section in ppp.conf, commands start from column ONE.
#ppp.conf
#set speed 115200 for 28k and avobe
default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\
\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

#this is my ppp server name
#you have to find your servers prompts, could be Longin or login , Password or
something
#you can find it easily, issue ppp
#at ppp prompt key in term
# ATDT1511 ( or you ISP number)
#then you should be able to see the prompts . Write it down.
# quit term by keying in ~. ( tilde+ fullstop)
jaring:
 set phone 1511
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 Username:-\\r-Username: jahan Password: YaRight"
 set ifaddr 192.168.149.64/0 202.220.0.5/0 255.255.255.0
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR
 set openmode active
#end of ppp.conf

Now the ppp.linkup

# ppp.linkup

192.168.149.64:
  add 192.168.149.0 0 HISADDR

MYADDR:
 add 0 0 HISADDR

jaring:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR
#end of ppp.linkup

Thats all.

Now issue "ppp -alias jaring", walla.

Jahan

"Everything is simple, when you can do it."