Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:46:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [snddrv] snd970806.tgz available

[Bcc to hackers]

Yet another snap (actually two) of the sound code:

    http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970806.tgz

	this has been tested with the SBpro and works both in play and
	rec. _should_ work with mss in full duplex, but I had no chance
	to test it.
	Try this first.

    http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970805.tgz

	If the above doesn't work well for you on the MSS, try this
	one.  It is approximately the same as above, modulo a few
	missing fixes for SBpro support. It _does_ work (tested
	with the CS4236) in full duplex on the MSS, and allows
	multiple opens, i.e.  you can do

		cat /dev/audio1 | dd obs=8000 > /dev/audio1

	to obtain a nice echo effect (changing obs you can also change
	the delay).

In both cases, the README file contains install instructions.

Differences from the previous snap (snd970731):

    * added all speed/mode/format change ioctls (tested for MSS);
    * added support for multiple opens on MSS;
    * improved PnP support;
    * improved documentation;
    * improved SBpro support;
    * several assorted fixes and cleanups;

Next snap in about 1 week, when I hope to make the OPTi931 finally
working. I am unsubscribing from -hackers, so if you have something
to say email me directly.

	Cheers
	Luigi