Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 97 13:25:01 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard"  <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        config@freebsd.org, imp@village.org, Marc van Kempen  <marc@bowtie.nl>
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications

> > Using one of the wonderful existing languages (I don't want to start a war
on
> > this one.)  you create a text and a graphical shell that would both read
from
> > one main script file to tell it what to do.  You could have two main boot
> > disks, both with the same script (for ease of maintanence) but one would
have

> Ah, and he says it with such casualness.. :-)

When I was little I used to turn to my parents and say "Can you get me that
teletype?  It's _only_ $600." ;)

> That business of "creating a text and a graphical shell that would ..."
> is the work of many months, unless you've got one you've been hiding from
> us all this time. :-)

True, but after many months of work you would have an amazing install
interfact that _could_ (if done well) blow away any other system.  You could
make it one of the new nifty things in 3.0-R.

I don't have such a thing, don't I wish. But depenging on what language it was
written in I could help with some of the it.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 01/29/97 13:25:02