Date:      Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:45:58 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Kent Hauser <kent.hauser@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with IBM T41 (CDRW)

> From: Kent Hauser <kent.hauser@verizon.net>
> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:26:44 -1000
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I just got a Thinkpad T41 & would appreciate some help setting it up.
>
> I'm running -CURRENT with some success -- right now the CDRW & suspend aren't
> working right. But wireless is great (via NDIS0). I'm also not sure if the
> ltmdm port should work. (It doesn't at present).

What version of /sys/i386/i386/intr_machdep.c do you have? You probably
want to back it off to V1.5 combined with the latest ACPI fixes. This is
an area of major flux and is hopefully stabilizing.

It won't. The modem is not the Lucent WinModem that is supported by this
driver. Lucent has released Linux binaries for it, but I don't believe
that anyone has built the shims to make it work on FreeBSD. Sorry.

> Any thoughts, pointers? So far I've disabled IDE2 via PS2 which seems to cure
> most lockups.
>
> I've also added the following to /boot/loader.conf:
>
> snd_ich_load="YES"              # Intel ICH
> hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"

The sound line looks fine. If I read recent posts from Warner, the
allow_unsupported_io_range sysctl should no longer be required.

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)