Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 22:51:53 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, jbarbee@singular.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, imp@village.org
Subject:   Re: future of slpha port

Simon Shapiro wrote:

> On 02-Jun-98 John Birrell wrote:
> > Simon Shapiro wrote:
> >> I have access (hopefully :-) to a Server 2100.  Can that help?
> >
> > That kinda depends on the person who logs into it. 8-)
>
> Me for sure.  You if I can get ownership.  Anyone you recommend if I get
> ownership, etc.
>
> To get ownership, I need to state truthfully that it is needed for this
> task.
>
> Simon

An Alphaserver 2000 (or 2100, I don't recall) was the machine that
disappeared into paperwork trying to get it here for an SMP angle on the
alpha port.

Yes, something like this will be needed if there is going to be SMP
support, but it's premature until the kernel is up and reasonably stable.
SMP is damn hard enough, let alone with a shakey or unstable foundation.

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>   Netplex Consulting