Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 01:30:58 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CLASSPATH

Robert Watson wrote:

> I do not know if this currently pertains to the JDK port, but may be of
> issue.  I have my CLASSPATH variable set as follows:
>
> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/share/kaffe/classes.zip:/usr/local/netscape/java/classes/java40.jar
>
> Kaffe is quite happy, finding its classes stuff.  Netscape 4.04 now
> complains that its classes are unsigned (previous versions did not care?);

Hello Robert,

Are you running the FreeBSD  port of netscape? In this, the executable
netscape file in /usr/local/bin is a wrapper:
>cat /usr/local/bin/netscape
#!/bin/sh
export MOZILLA_HOME;
MOZILLA_HOME=${MOZILLA_HOME:=/usr/local/lib/netscape}
export CLASSPATH ; CLASSPATH=.:$MOZILLA_HOME
exec $MOZILLA_HOME/communicator-4.04.bin $*

As you can see, it resets the CLASSPATH variable. Use the port, (or this
wrapper) and I think you will have better luck...

Regards,
Palle